I talked to Eric over at Varminter.com today. This is one of many videos he’s made over the years and has shared.
Lots of great shooting. You should check out all of Eric’s work at Varminter.com. He’s a great guy, loves this sport and it shows in all his work.
Here’s what you’ll see:
These clips show us shooting various rifles at ground squirrels, prairie dogs, starlings (pest birds), cottontail rabbit and jack rabbits in California and Arizona (listed below). There are 17 shots on video, including some slow-motion shots!
We are shooting the following rifles and calibers in this video: Firearms:
– Thompson Contender Carbine Rifle – 5mm Remington Rimfire Magnum (Centurion 30 grain HP)
– CZ Model 527 Rifle – .17 Hornady Hornet (20 grain V-Max)
– Winchester Model 43 – .22 Hornet
– Browning A-Bolt – .22 Magnum (Hornady .22 Magnum NTX ammo)
– Savage Model 93 – .17HMR
– Benjamin Discovery Airgun – .22 caliber (Predator Pellets)
– Airforce Condor Airgun – .25 caliber (Predator Pellets)
– FX Boss Airgun – .30 caliber (JSB Diablo Exact 44 grain and 50 grain pellets)
You have options! If you can’t get out to use high-powered rifles for varmint hunting then here’s a fun option. Or, if you want to shoot within suburban area, hunting air rifles like this are a real good solution and gets you out of the house!